Here is a super simple way to make adorable butterflies . . .
- Tissue paper cut into 6 inch squares (2 squares per butterfly)
- Black pipe cleaner cut in half (1 half per butterfly)
- Clothespins (I pre-labeled these with each child's name using a fine tip sharpie) (1 per butterfly)
The Simple Steps
- Take one square of tissue paper, hold in the middle and scrunch it up in the center.
- Have the clothespin "bite" the scrunched part of the tissue paper.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 with the other piece of tissue paper.
- Have the clothespin bite the middle of the pipe cleaner.
- Wrap pipe cleaner around to the top and twist.
- Curl ends of pipe cleaner with fingers to create antenna.
We took turns hiding our butterflies outside and then letting the other butterflies try to find the hidden one. The kids loved flying their little creatures all around the yard!